Hello , this photo is about Fabfit Curved Extra Long Adjustable Sit Up Bench Slant Board · Flat Stomach . (exceptional Best Ab Bench Reviews Amazing Design #10). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 640 x 639. It's file size is just 24 KB. Wether You decided to download This image to Your computer, you may Click here. You may too see more pictures by clicking the image below or read more at here: Best Ab Bench Reviews.
Fabfit Curved Extra Long Adjustable Sit Up Bench Slant Board · Flat Stomach . (exceptional Best Ab Bench Reviews Amazing Design #10) Images Collection
Best Ab Bench Reviews in an area, it surely demands carefully and cautious computation. Placement of furniture made randomly could have a direct effect on the ailment of the room that appeared congested and dirty, therefore it is incapable of produce a stunning facet of a bedroom. As being a room is really a dressing-table, one certain furniture is available in a private space. Within the impression of Fabfit Curved Extra Long Adjustable Sit Up Bench Slant Board · Flat Stomach . (exceptional Best Ab Bench Reviews Amazing Design #10) that you have to not be unable to support all of the needs extras collection, for example scents, until the 'trappings' instruments makeup materials. In-general, extra illumination is required by dressers. This can be circumvented by positioning a wall lamp about the right and left side mirror or with the addition of a small bulb at around the reflection. Chairs will be the correct alternative to get a coupled with dressing-table, in addition to functional as it can certainly be included underneath the under the bureau, ottoman gives light's effect. Desks twin function could be the correct decision in case your bedroom has a dimension that is too intensive. As an example, dressing table which can simultaneously work as a desk or you're able to pick a mirror equipped with lots of dresser drawers for them to be used as a database for other household goods. Ensure you choose a table that is dressing with capacity that is maximum. Fabfit Curved Extra Long Adjustable Sit Up Bench Slant Board · Flat Stomach . (exceptional Best Ab Bench Reviews Amazing Design #10) can be utilized for you personally who want to modify the look of one's make up space. Dressers appropriate place could jack-up the gorgeous facet of one's private areas. It would be pleasant should you measure the first location which is filled by furniture dressers, before buying a bureau. It is important to steer clear of the purchase of the dressing table that exceeds the portion of terrain obtainable in the space.
Curvedcurve (kûrv),USA pronunciation n., v., curved, curv•ing, adj.
- a continuously bending line, without angles.
- the act or extent of curving.
- any curved outline, form, thing, or part.
- a curved section of a road, path, hallway, etc.
- a curved section of track: in the U.S. the curve is often expressed as the central angle, measured in degrees, of a curved section of track subtended by a chord 100 ft. (30 m) long(degree of curve).
- Also called curve′ ball′. [Baseball.]
- a pitch delivered with a spin that causes the ball to veer from a normal straight path, away from the side from which it was thrown.
- the course of such a pitched ball.
- a graphic representation of the variations effected in something by the influence of changing conditions; graph.
- a collection of points whose coordinates are continuous functions of a single independent variable.
- a misleading or deceptive trick;
- a grading system based on the scale of performance of a group, so that those performing better, regardless of their actual knowledge of the subject, receive high grades: The new English professor marks on a curve.Cf. absolute (def. 10).
- a curved guide used in drafting.
- ahead of (or behind ) the curve, at the forefront of (or lagging behind) recent developments, trends, etc.
- throw (someone) a curve:
- to take (someone) by surprise, esp. in a negative way.
- to mislead or deceive.
- to bend in a curve;
cause to take the course of a curve.
- to grade on a curve.
- [Baseball.]to pitch a curve to.
- to bend in a curve;
take the course of a curve.
Extraex•tra (ek′strə),USA pronunciation adj.
- beyond or more than what is usual, expected, or necessary;
additional: an extra copy of a newspaper; an extra charge.
- larger or better than what is usual: an extra binding.
- something extra or additional: the little amenities and extras that make life pleasant.
- an additional expense.
- a special edition of a newspaper, other than a regular edition.
- something of superior quality.
- [Motion Pictures, Television.]a person hired by the day to play a minor part, as a member of a mob or crowd.
- an additional worker.
- Usually, extras. [Cricket.]a score or run not made from the bat, as a bye or a wide.
- in excess of the usual or specified amount: an extra high price.
- beyond the ordinary degree;
uncommonly: done extra well; extra large.
Longlong1 (lông, long),USA pronunciation adj. long•er (lông′gər, long′-),USA pronunciation long•est
(lông′gist, long′-),USA pronunciation n., adv.
- having considerable linear extent in space: a long distance; a long handle.
- having considerable duration in time: a long conversation; a long while.
- extending, lasting, or totaling a number of specified units: eight miles long; eight hours long.
- containing many items or units: a long list.
- requiring a considerable time to relate, read, etc.: a long story.
- extending beyond normal or moderate limits: a long, boring speech.
- experienced as passing slowly, because of the difficulty, tedium, or unpleasantness involved: long years of study.
- reaching well into the past: a long memory.
- the longer of two or the longest of several: the long way home; a brick with the long side exposed.
- taking a long time;
slow: He's certainly long getting here.
- forward-looking or considering all aspects;
broad: to take a long view of life.
- intense, thorough, or critical;
seriously appraising: a long look at one's past mistakes.
- having an ample supply or endowment of something (often fol. by on): to be long on advice; to be long on brains.
- having a considerable time to run, as a promissory note.
- [Chiefly Law.]distant or remote in time: a long date.
- extending relatively far: a man with a long reach.
- being higher or taller than usual: long casement windows.
- being against great odds;
unlikely: a long chance.
- (of beverages) mixed or diluted with a large amount of soda, seltzer, etc.: highballs, collinses, and other long drinks.
- (of the head or skull) of more than ordinary length from front to back.
- lasting a relatively long time: "Feed'' has a longer sound than "feet'' or "fit.''
- belonging to a class of sounds considered as usually longer in duration than another class, as the vowel of bought as compared to that of but, and in many languages serving as a distinctive feature of phonemes, as the ah in German Bahn in contrast with the a in Bann, or the tt in Italian fatto in contrast with the t in fato (opposed to short).
- having the sound of the English vowels in mate, meet, mite, mote, moot, and mute, historically descended from vowels that were long in duration.
- [Pros.](of a syllable in quantitative verse) lasting a longer time than a short syllable.
- [Finance.]holding or accumulating stocks, futures, commodities, etc., with the expectation of a rise in prices: a long position in chemicals.
- marked by a large difference in the numbers of the given betting ratio or in the amounts wagered: long odds.
- of or pertaining to the larger amount bet.
- (of clay) very plastic;
- a comparatively long time: They haven't been gone for long. Will it take long?
- something that is long: The signal was two longs and a short.
- a size of garment for men who are taller than average.
- a garment, as a suit or overcoat, in this size: The shorts and the longs are hung separately.
- [Finance.]a person who accumulates or holds stocks or commodities with the expectation of a rise in prices.
- before long, soon: We should have news of her whereabouts before long.
- the long and the short of, the point or gist of;
substance of: The long and the short of it is that they will be forced to sell all their holdings.Also, the long and short of.
- for or through a great extent of space or, esp., time: a reform long advocated.
- for or throughout a specified extent, esp. of time: How long did he stay?
- (used elliptically in referring to the length of an absence, delay, etc.): Will she be long?
- throughout a specified period of time (usually used to emphasize a preceding noun): It's been muggy all summer long.
- at a point of time far distant from the time indicated: long before.
- as long as:
- provided that: As long as you can come by six, I'll be here.
- seeing that;
since: As long as you're going to the grocery anyway, buy me a pint of ice cream.
- Also, so long as. during the time that;
through the period that: As long as we were neighbors, they never invited us inside their house.
Adjustablead•just•a•ble (ə jus′tə bəl),USA pronunciation adj.
- capable of being adjusted: adjustable seat belts.
- (of loans, mortgages, etc.) having a flexible rate, as one based on money market interest rates or on the rate of inflation or cost of living.
- (esp. of life insurance) having flexible premiums and coverage, based on the insuree's current needs and ability to pay.
- any rate, expense, income, etc., that varies unpredictably: Luckily, his chief income is not made up of adjustables. Allow some money in your budget for the adjustables.
adjust + -able] ad•just′a•bly, adv.
Sitsit1 (sit),USA pronunciation v., sat or (Archaic) sate;
sat or (Archaic) sit•ten;
- to rest with the body supported by the buttocks or thighs;
- to be located or situated: The house sits well up on the slope.
- to rest or lie (usually fol. by on or upon): An aura of greatness sits easily upon him.
- to place oneself in position for an artist, photographer, etc.;
pose: to sit for a portrait.
- to remain quiet or inactive: They let the matter sit.
- (of a bird) to perch or roost.
- (of a hen) to cover eggs to hatch them;
- to fit, rest, or hang, as a garment: The jacket sits well on your shoulders.
- to occupy a place or have a seat in an official assembly or in an official capacity, as a legislator, judge, or bishop.
- to be convened or in session, as an assembly.
- to act as a baby-sitter.
- (of wind) to blow from the indicated direction: The wind sits in the west tonight.
- to be accepted or considered in the way indicated: Something about his looks just didn't sit right with me.
- to be acceptable to the stomach: Something I ate for breakfast didn't sit too well.
- to cause to sit;
seat (often fol. by down): Sit yourself down. He sat me near him.
- to sit astride or keep one's seat on (a horse or other animal): She sits her horse gracefully.
- to provide seating accommodations or seating room for;
seat: Our dining-room table only sits six people.
- to serve as baby-sitter for: A neighbor can sit the children while you go out.
- sit down:
- to take a seat.
- to descend to a sitting position;
- to take up a position, as to encamp or besiege: The military forces sat down at the approaches to the city.
- sit in:
- to attend or take part as a visitor or temporary participant: to sit in at a bridge game; to sit in for the band's regular pianist.
- to take part in a sit-in.
- sit in on, to be a spectator, observer, or visitor at: to sit in on classes.
- sit on or upon:
- to inquire into or deliberate over: A coroner's jury was called to sit on the case.
- [Informal.]to suppress;
silence: They sat on the bad news as long as they could.
- to check or rebuke;
squelch: I'll sit on him if he tries to interrupt me.
- sit on one's hands:
- to fail to applaud.
- to fail to take appropriate action.
- sit out:
- to stay to the end of: Though bored, we sat out the play.
- to surpass in endurance: He sat out his tormentors.
- to keep one's seat during (a dance, competition, etc.);
fail to participate in: We sat out all the Latin-American numbers.
- sit pretty, to be in a comfortable situation: He's been sitting pretty ever since he got that new job.
- sit tight, to bide one's time;
take no action: I'm going to sit tight till I hear from you.
- sit up:
- to rise from a supine to a sitting position.
- to delay the hour of retiring beyond the usual time.
- to sit upright;
hold oneself erect.
- [Informal.]to become interested or astonished: We all sat up when the holiday was announced.
Upup (up),USA pronunciation adv., prep., adj., n., v., upped, up•ping.
- to, toward, or in a more elevated position: to climb up to the top of a ladder.
- to or in an erect position: to stand up.
- out of bed: to get up.
- above the horizon: The moon came up.
- to or at any point that is considered higher.
- to or at a source, origin, center, or the like: to follow a stream up to its source.
- to or at a higher point or degree, as of rank, size, value, pitch, loudness, brightness, maturity, or speed:to move up in a firm;
to pump up a tire;
to turn a lantern up;
Prices are going up. Speak up! Hurry up!
in a leading position in a competition: He managed to get up on his opponent by three points.
- in continuing contact, esp. as reflecting continuing awareness, knowledge, etc.: to keep up with the latest developments in mathematics.
- into or in activity, operation, etc.: to set up vibrations.
- into a state of emotional agitation or distress: His insults left her all roiled up.
- into existence, visible form, etc.: His sample was worked up in the studio.
- into view, prominence, or consideration: The lost papers have turned up.
- into or in a place of safekeeping, storage, retirement, etc.: to lay up riches; to put up preserves.
- into or in a state of union, contraction, etc.: to add up a column of figures; to fold up.
- to the required or final point: to pay up one's debts; burned up.
- to a state of completion;
to an end: She finished it all up.
- to a halt: The riders reined up and dismounted.
- [Baseball.]being the player or team batting;
- (used as a function word for additional emphasis, sometimes prec. by it): Go wake your father up. What plugged it up? We laughed it up.
- ahead of an opponent or opponents in points, games, etc.: The golfer was two strokes up on his nearest competitor.
apiece: The score was seven up in the final quarter.
- (of machines or equipment, as computers) working;
in working order or in operation.
- [Informal.]without the addition of ice;
straight up: Bring me a martini, up.
- [Naut.]toward the wind: Put the helm up.
- all up with, at or approaching the end of;
with defeat or ruin imminent for: He realized it was all up with him when the search party began to close in.
- go up in one's lines. See line 1 (def. 58).
- up against, faced or confronted with: They were up against formidable obstacles.
- up against it, in a difficult situation, esp. in financial straits: There was no one to help him when he was up against it.
- up and around, recovered from an illness;
able to leave one's bed. Also, up and about.
- up and down:
- back and forth;
backward and forward: He paced up and down.
- from top to bottom or head to toe: She looked me up and down before replying.
- up for, considered as eligible or as a possibility for (something): The child is up for adoption. Three actresses are up for the role.
- up to:
- as far as or approaching (a certain part, degree, point, etc.): She went wading up to her knees. I am up to the eighth lesson.
- in full realization or attainment of: He worked up to president of the company.
- as many as;
to the limit of: The car will seat up to five persons.
- having adequate powers or ability for;
equal to: He didn't think I was up to the job.
- the duty or responsibility of;
incumbent upon: It's up to you to break the news to him.
- engaged in;
doing: What have you been up to lately?
- to, toward, or at an elevated place on or in: They went up the stairs. The cat is up the tree.
- to, toward, or at a high or higher station, condition, or rank on or in: He is well up the social ladder.
- at or to a farther point or higher place on or in: She is up the street. I'm going up the street.
- toward the source, origin, etc., of: up the stream.
- toward a particular direction or in the interior of, as a region or territory: The explorers were up north.
- in a course or direction that is contrary to that of: to row up the current.
- up your ass, [Slang](vulgar). See shove (def. 6). Also, up yours.
- moving in or related to a direction that is up or is regarded as up: the up elevator; the up train traveling north; the up platform of a railroad station.
aware (usually fol. by on or in): She is always up on current events.
terminated: The game is up. Your hour is up.
- going on or happening;
occurring: What's up over there?
- having a high position or station: He is up in society.
- in an erect, vertical, or raised position: The gate at the railroad crossing is up. The tent is up.
- above the earth or ground: The corn is up and ready to be harvested.
- in the air;
aloft: The meteorological balloons are up. The airplanes are up for their reconnaissance flights.
- (of heavenly bodies) risen above the horizon: The sun is up.
- awake or out of bed: to be up with insomnia.
- mounted on horseback: He knows which jockeys are up in every race.
- (of water in natural bodies) high with relation to the banks or shore: The tide is up.
constructed: The new museum is up and open to the public.
- facing upward: He is resting and his face is up.
- See sunnyside up.
- (of roads, highways, etc.) having the surface broken or removed (usually used in combination): a torn-up road.
- in revolt, mutiny, or rebellious agitation: Many territories were up and preparing to send troops against the government.
- in a state of agitation: Beware of him when his temper is up.
- [Informal.]cheerful or optimistic;
- [Informal.]productive, favorable, or profitable: a string of up months for the company.
- afoot or amiss: Her nervous manner told me that something was up.
- in a state of enthusiastic or confident readiness (usually fol. by for): The team was definitely up for the game.
on the way: She was on a ship up for Australia.
- resolved in an unfavorable or undesired way: They knew that their game was up.
- higher than formerly in cost, amount, degree, etc.: The price of meat was up.
- (of age) advanced (usually fol. by in): He is rather spry for a man so up in years.
- active: The captain wished to set sail as soon as the wind was up.
- in a legal proceeding as defendant: He is up for murder.
- in operation or ready for use: The theater's lights are up.
- (of points or other standards used to determine the winner in a competition) ahead;
in advance: He won the game with two points up over his opponent.
- considered or under consideration: a candidate up for reelection; a bill that is up before Congress.
bet: He won all the money up in the game.
- living or located inland or on elevated ground: They live in a village two miles up from the coast.
- (used with a preceding numeral to indicate that a score is tied in a competition): It was 10 up at the end of the first half.
- ahead of an opponent or opponents: They scored three times in a row to go two up.
- straight up. See straight (def. 38).
- up and doing, [Informal.]actively engaged;
busy: During her convalescence she longed to be up and doing.
- an upward movement;
- a rise of fortune, mood, etc.
- a time of good fortune, prosperity, or happiness: He has had more ups than downs in his career.
- an upbound means of public transportation, as a train or bus.
- [Informal.]a feeling or state of happiness, exuberance, or elation.
- [Slang.]upper (def. 10).
- a person or thing that is in a favorable position of wealth, fortune, etc.: People who were ups in the business world suffered losses in the economic depression.
- an upward slope;
- an upward course or rise, as in price or value: The landlord promised his tenants there would be no further ups in the rent this year.
- on the up and up, [Informal.]frank;
sincere: He seems to be on the up and up.Also, on the up-and-up.
- to put or take up.
- to make larger;
step up: to up output.
- to raise;
go better than (a preceding wager): to up the ante.
- [Informal.]to start up;
begin something abruptly (usually fol. by and and another verb): Then he upped and ran away from home.
- (often used imperatively or hortatively) to rise up: Up, men, and fight until all the enemy are defeated!
Benchbench (bench),USA pronunciation n.
- a long seat for several persons: a bench in the park.
- a seat occupied by an official, esp. a judge.
- such a seat as a symbol of the office and dignity of an individual judge or the judiciary.
- the office or dignity of various other officials, or the officials themselves.
- the seat on which the players of a team sit during a game while not playing.
- thequality and number of the players of a team who are usually used as substitutes: A weak bench hurt their chances for the championship.
- [Informal.]See bench press.
- Also called workbench. the strong worktable of a carpenter or other mechanic.
- a platform on which animals are placed for exhibition, esp. at a dog show.
- a contest or exhibition of dogs;
- [Phys. Geog.]a shelflike area of rock with steep slopes above and below.
- a step or working elevation in a mine.
- berm (def. 2).
- on the bench:
- serving as a judge in a court of law;
- [Sports.](of a player) not participating in play, either for part or all of a game.
- to furnish with benches.
- to seat on a bench or on the bench: an election that benched him in the district court.
- to place (a show dog or other animal) in exhibition.
- to cut away the working faces of (a mine or quarry) in benches.
- to remove from a game or keep from participating in a game: to be benched because of poor hitting.
Boardboard (bôrd, bōrd),USA pronunciation n.
- a piece of wood sawed thin, and of considerable length and breadth compared with the thickness.
- a flat slab of wood or other material for some specific purpose: a cutting board.
- a sheet of wood, cardboard, paper, etc., with or without markings, for some special use, as a checkerboard or chessboard.
- [Theat.]the stage: The play will go on the boards next week.
- the wooden fence surrounding the playing area of an ice-hockey rink.
- a racing course made of wood, used esp. in track meets held indoors: his first time running on boards.
- [Bookbinding.]stiff cardboard or other material covered with paper, cloth, or the like to form the covers for a book.
- [Building Trades.]composition material made in large sheets, as plasterboard or corkboard.
- a table, esp. to serve food on.
- daily meals, esp. as provided for pay: twenty dollars a day for room and board.
- an official group of persons who direct or supervise some activity: a board of directors.
- the side of a ship.
- one leg, or tack, of the course of a ship beating to windward.
- [Railroads.]a fixed signal or permanent sign regulating traffic.
- a flat surface, as a wall or an object of rectangular shape, on which something is posted, as notices or stock-market quotations: a bulletin board.
- Also called card, circuit board. a piece of fiberglass or other material upon which chips can be mounted to perform specific functions.
- plugboard (def. 2).
- See circuit board (def. 2).
- a switchboard.
- the area of a woolshed where shearing is done.
- a crew of shearers working in a particular woolshed.
- sheep about to be sheared.
- [Obs.]the edge, border, or side of anything.
- across the board:
- [Racing.]betting on a horse or dog to finish first, second, or third, so that any result where a selection wins, places, or shows enables the bettor to collect.
- applying to or affecting every person, class, group, etc.
- go by the board:
- to go over the ship's side.
- to be destroyed, neglected, or forgotten: All his devoted labor went by the board.
- on board:
- on or in a ship, plane, or other vehicle: There were several movie stars on board traveling incognito.
- [Baseball.]on base: There were two men on board as the next batter came up.
- present and functioning as a member of a team or organization. Also, aboard.
- on the boards, in the theatrical profession: The family has been on the boards since grandfather's time.
- tread the boards. See tread (def. 11).
- to cover or close with boards (often fol. by up or over): to board up a house; to board over a well.
- to furnish with meals, or with meals and lodging, esp. for pay: They boarded him for $50 a week.
- to go on board of or enter (a ship, train, etc.).
- to allow on board: We will be boarding passengers in approximately ten minutes.
- to come up alongside (a ship), as to attack or to go on board: The pirate ship boarded the clipper.
- [Obs.]to approach;
- to take one's meals, or be supplied with food and lodging at a fixed price: Several of us board at the same rooming house.
- [Ice Hockey.]to hit an opposing player with a board check.
Flatflat1 (flat),USA pronunciation adj., flat•ter, flat•test, n., v., flat•ted, flat•ting, adv.
- horizontally level: a flat roof.
- level, even, or without unevenness of surface, as land or tabletops.
- having a surface that is without marked projections or depressions: a broad, flat face.
- lying horizontally and at full length, as a person;
prostrate: He was flat on the canvas after the knockdown.
- lying wholly on or against something: The banner was flat against the wall.
- thrown down, laid low, or level with the ground, as fallen trees or buildings.
- having a generally level shape or appearance;
not deep or thick: a flat plate.
- (of the heel of a shoe) low and broad.
- spread out, as an unrolled map or the open hand.
collapsed: a flat tire.
- absolute, downright, or positive;
without qualification: a flat denial.
- without modification or variation: a flat rate.
- [Informal.]lacking money;
- without vitality or animation;
dull: flat writing.
- having lost its flavor, sharpness, or life, as wine or food;
- (of a beverage) having lost its effervescence.
- without flavor;
not spiced: flat cooking.
- prosaic, banal, or insipid: a flat style.
- pointless, as a remark or joke.
- commercially inactive: a flat day in the stock market.
- (of a painting) not having the illusion of volume or depth.
- (of a photograph or painting) lacking contrast or gradations of tone or color.
- (of paint) without gloss;
- not clear, sharp, or ringing, as sound or a voice.
- lacking resonance and variation in pitch;
monotonous: a flat delivery of the speech.
- (of a tone) lowered a half step in pitch: B flat.
- below an intended pitch, as a note;
too low (opposed to sharp).
- [Gram.]derived without change in form, as English to brush from the noun brush and adverbs that do not add -ly to the adjective form as fast, cheap, and slow.
- [Naut.](of a sail)
- cut with little or no fullness.
- trimmed as nearly fore-and-aft as possible, for sailing to windward.
- flat a, the a-sound (a) of glad, bat, or act.
- flat aft, [Naut.]trimmed so that fore-and-aft sails present as flat a surface as possible, as in sailing close to the wind.
- flat on one's back. See back (def. 19).
- something flat.
- a shoe, esp. a woman's shoe, with a flat heel or no heel.
- a flat surface, side, or part of anything: He struck me with the flat of his hand.
- flat or level ground;
a flat area: salt flats.
- a marsh, shoal, or shallow.
- (in musical notation) the character ♭
, which when attached to a note or to a staff degree lowers its significance one chromatic half step.
- a tone one chromatic half step below another: The flat of B is B flat.
- (on keyboard instruments, with reference to any given note) the key next below or to the left.
- [Theat.]a piece of scenery consisting of a wooden frame, usually rectangular, covered with lightweight board or fabric.
- a broad, thin book, chiefly for children: a juvenile flat.
- [Informal.]a deflated automobile tire.
- (in postal use) a large flat package, as in a manila envelope, for mailing.
- [Archit.]a flat roof or deck.
- Also called platform. a partial deck between two full decks.
- a low, flat barge or lighter.
- a broad, flat piece of iron or steel for overlapping and joining two plates at their edges.
- a straight timber in a frame or other assembly of generally curved timbers.
- an iron or steel bar of rectangular cross section.
- [Textiles.]one of a series of laths covered with card clothing, used in conjunction with the cylinder in carding.
- [Photog.]one or more negatives or positives in position to be reproduced.
- [Print.]a device for holding a negative or positive flat for reproduction by photoengraving.
- [Hort.]a shallow, lidless box or tray used for rooting seeds and cuttings and for growing young plants.
- a similar box used for shipping and selling fruits and vegetables.
- [Football.]the area of the field immediately inside of or outside of an offensive end, close behind or at the line of scrimmage.
- flats, [Informal.]flat races between horses. Cf. flat race.
- to make flat.
- [Music.]to lower (a pitch), esp. one half step.
- to become flat.
- flat in, [Naut.]to pull the clew of (a fore-and-aft sail) as nearly amidships as possible. Also, flatten in.
- in a flat position;
- in a flat manner;
utterly: flat broke.
precisely: She ran around the track in two minutes flat.
- [Music.]below the true pitch: to sing flat.
- [Finance.]without interest.
- fall flat, to fail to produce the desired effect;
fail completely: His attempts at humor fell flat.
- flat out, [Informal.]
- without hesitation;
directly or openly: He told us flat out he'd been a double agent.
- at full speed or with maximum effort.
Stomachstom•ach (stum′ək),USA pronunciation n.
- a saclike enlargement of the alimentary canal, as in humans and certain animals, forming an organ for storing, diluting, and digesting food.
- such an organ or an analogous portion of the alimentary canal when divided into two or more sections or parts.
- any one of these sections.
- [Zool.]any analogous digestive cavity or tract in invertebrates.
- the part of the body containing the stomach;
belly or abdomen.
- appetite for food.
- desire, inclination, or liking: I have no stomach for this trip.
- to endure or tolerate (someone or something): I can't stomach your constant nagging.
- [Obs.]to be offended at or resent.